Friday, May 15, 2009

Fixed Steel

It's that time again, where I need to write about Fallout 3 again. New downloadable content, exclusive to the Xbox 360, and I am so happy I didn't get it for the PS3 despite the better graphics. So here it was, Broken Steel, the DLC that came after the at-first-glitchy Pitt, which was glitchy itself, but it was Microsoft's fault--screw them. So the game came out proper, and here's the review, then.

Fallout 3 no longer has that ending where once you beat the game it's over, kaput, and done with. Now you wake you "Two Weeks Later" and start three more quests. Only three. Three quests hardly seems like enough to take out what was left of the Enclave, but it did add a lot to the game, including seeing Liberty Prime do his thing again, breaking into the Presidential Metro beneath the White House, going to an Air Force Base, and raising the level cap to thirty.

The higher level cap is damn good, considering how easy it was to get to twenty but there is a problem, at least for me. I have done all the quests. All the main quests, side quests, DLC quests. So, at the beginnings of level twenty-seven the only thing I have to do to raise my level to thirty is wander around, collect the few things I can turn in for XP and kill things. And, as said in my other Fallout 3 review, I like achievements so the fact I can't get the last three because I can't raise my level without painful HOURS of walking around aimlessly in the Wasteland and shooting everything that moves in the face is aggravating to me.

But that's a minor problem. I could easily start a new game and get there, or just let my roommate do it. The new finale to the game is pretty awesome, and leaves you with a really good karma ending depending on what you do. More DLC has not been announced, but it has been speculated so here's looking forward to that.

-Evan "Dez" O'Connor

No comments:

Post a Comment